What are the benefits of rivers in India?
The Economic Significance of Rivers
- It is a fresh water source : All civilizations in human history typically flourished alongside rivers. …
- Irrigation : India with a huge population needs water resources to help in sustaining the agricultural output necessary to support such a huge population.
What is the disadvantage of river?
Some disadvantages of rivers are: Erosion (powerful rivers cuts river banks while flowing) Flooding (when river overflows due to high rainfall)… Irrigation and soil fertility. Entertainment. Can be used as natural borders.
What are the economic benefits of rivers?
Economic benefits of rivers and lakes are:
- Provide water for irrigation.
- Provide water for drinking.
- Help to develop hydel power.
- Assists in fishing.
- Help to develop hydel power.
- Aids in tourism and recreation.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of living near a river?
Disadvantages? Advantages are transportation, fertile soil/irrigation, and water to drink. Disadvantages are unpredictable flooding, and lose homes/lives/crops.
What are the advantages of water resources and rivers?
Provide portable water& irrigation purpose: One of the major advantages of river that it provides continuously portable freshwater and also helps farmer in irrigation purpose for growing crops and providing water to crops and helps to retain water level in fields.
What is an advantage of using a river as a boundary?
Rivers, although inherently dynamic, have been chosen as political boundaries since the beginning of colonization for several reasons. Such divisions were chosen namely for their defensive capabilities and military benefits, and because they were often the first features mapped out by explorers.
- Irrigation. By linking the rivers, vast amount of land areas which will not otherwise be irrigated and are unusable for agriculture become fertile.
- Flood prevention. …
- Generation of electricity. …
- Transportation. …
- Ecological issues. …
- Aqua life. …
- Deforestation. …
- Areas getting submerged.
The socio-economic advantages of inter-linking of rivers in India are: The problems of floods and drought will get solved as excess water from an area can be transferred to water deficit areas. It will also help in imporving irrigational facilities which will increase the productivity.
What are the benefits and disadvantages of dams?
Top 10 Dams Pros & Cons – Summary List
|Dams Pros||Dams Cons|
|Power production||Dam breaks|
|Hydropower as relatively green energy||People may get displaced|
|Altering of water flows||High construction costs|
|Irrigation of fields||Construction of dams can take quite long|
What are the advantages and disadvantages of multipurpose river projects?
1) multipurpose project affects the natural flow of water. 2) it cause the excessive sediments at the bottom of the river which makes stream beds rockier. 3) it causes the poor habitat of aquatic life. multi purpose projects causes no migration of aquatic fauna.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of water?
10 Benefits of drinking water
- 1 – Water flushes out toxins. …
- 2 – Temperature regulation. …
- 3 – Digestion and constipation. …
- 4 – Reduction in headaches and migraines. …
- 5 -Weight loss and appetite suppression. …
- 6 – Healthier skin. …
- 7 – Relieves tiredness. …
- 8 – Faster recovery from hangovers.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Brahmaputra River?
Advantages : 1. Brahmaputra River gives fertile soil for agriculture. Disadvantages : 1. It creates natural calamity which is flood.