Does India have a second language?
According to 2001 Census, 53.6% of the Indian population declared that they speak Hindi as either their first or second language, in which 41% of them have declared it as their native language or mother tongue. 12% of Indians declared that they can speak English as a second language.
How different are Indian languages?
A census conducted in 2011 showed that India has about 19,569 languages and dialects, of which almost 1,369 are considered dialects and only 121 are recognized as languages (the acceptance criterion being that the language has 10,000 or more speakers).
Which is the toughest language in world?
As mentioned before, Mandarin is unanimously considered the toughest language to master in the world! Spoken by over a billion people in the world, the language can be extremely difficult for people whose native languages use the Latin writing system.
Is Arabic spoken in India?
The number of Arabic-speakers more than doubled from under 22,000 in the 1991 census. India isn’t just a land with a significant Arabic-speaking population, but also one with close to 12,000 people whose mother tongue is Persian.
Do Indians speak English?
Amid this Babel, English remains the country’s only lingua franca. … India now claims to be the world’s second-largest English-speaking country. The most reliable estimate is around 10% of its population or 125 million people, second only to the US and expected to quadruple in the next decade.
Which is best language in India?
Top 10 Most Popular Indian Languages
- Hindi. Hindi is officially the most popular language spoken across India. …
- Bengali. The second most widely spoken language after Hindi is none other than Bengali which is said to be spoken by approximately 8% of the entire population. …
What are the ugliest languages?
Top four ugliest languages
- Vietnamese. It is the native tongue of the people of Vietnam. …
- Mandarin. People consider it one of the ugliest sounding and difficult languages of the world. …
- German. It is a West Germanic language and native to a hundred million people. …
- Turkish. This lingo is native to Turkey.